skEdit 4.1.5 release issues addressed
First let me say that I am sorry for the confusion, and more importantly the lack of instructions on the upgrade script. I am going to follow this up with an email to all registered users.
1) The license, we needed to change the bundle name so that it was consistent across the entire app, additionally Apple requires the correct bundle name, which invalidates the license. This is easily fixed by using the "Recover license" option in the app, or logging into the portal http://www.beforedawnsolutions.com/myaccount or you can email support[at}beforedawnsolutions(.}com and I will send your license. Knowledge Article for this issue.
2) The project files, in order to correctly follow the Apple User Interface Guidelines it was necessary to make a change. And again it is easily fixed. If you would like to have the same setup as before simply do the following: Knowledge Article for this issue
- Close the skEdit application
- Open a finder window and go to your home directory/Library/Application Support (directory/Users/<username>/
- find the directory called skEdit and delete it
- find the directory called skHTML and make copy of it, just to be safe
- find the original directory called skHTML and rename it to skEdit
- re launch skEdit and all of your projects should be available.
- If you have an issue please email support[at}beforedawnsolutions(.}com
I sincerely apologize for this confusion, and thank you for your support and patronage of skEdit and our other products and services.
skEdit 4.1.5 Released....Finally!!
We have finally released skEdit 4.1.5, it has been released to the Mac App Store (as skEdit Express), and then the BDS site. This is the only time that this will happen, since it took a little more than anticipated to adapt a single code base for both the Mac App Store and our site. For all future releases they will be released to the BDS site at the same time they are submitted to App Store.
To MacApp Store or not.
That is the big question. Is there a benefit to being on the MacApp Store...yes absolutely....this is Apple we are talking about, but how would it effect my customers? Selling, maintaining, and supporting Mac Applications is completely different than iOS. Also the fact that you don't get a 30 day trial, plus Apple reviews all apps and has fairly strict standards. The path that we are kind of leaning down is to have basically two apps that are very similar, 1 app would be the more conservative of the two and sold on the Mac App Store. The other app would basically follow the natural evolution of an app and build the things that made the most sense to the user community, plus bug fixes could be pushed quicker. Let us know what you think.
Where is skEdit 4.1.4????
Some of you might be wondering where skEdit 4.1.4 is. Well....It is taking a little longer to learn the code and get everything going. And I am toying with the idea of skipping the 4.1.4 release and do a 4.2 release early next year. There is a really cool feature that I would like to add to skEdit, I think that it would really be a nice thing to have, in addition to a bunch of bug fixes. Add your comments and votes to help me decide.
skEdit Fall 2010 Discount Offer
Before Dawn Solutions, has announced the skEdit 2010 Fall Promotion. For a limited period of time (Ends November 30, 2010) Before Dawn Solutions is going to offer skEdit at a price $24.95, which is $10.00 discount off of the regular price of $34.95.
Starting to work on skEdit 4.1.4
We are starting to work on skEdit 4.1.4, this release is going to focus on usability, bug fixes, and maybe a couple of enhancements if we are feeling really inspired :). There are a lot of bugs that need to fixed, and I think that there are a lot of things that can be enhanced. If you have any suggestions please send them to appsupport [At] BeforeDawnSolution /dot/ com and we will add them to the list.
I don't know how long it is going to take to do release but I would like to get a bunch of stuff into it. I am thinking that I would like to get it out there by mid November.
Also if you are interested in beta testing the release when it comes out please select the beta test check box on your myaccount page. I will keep the blog updated with the progress of the release.
Announcing skEdit 4.1.3
Announcing the immediate availability of skEdit 4.1.3:
This release focused on linking the branding the skEdit Application:
- Minor stability improvements
- Minor bug fixes
- Linked Error Reporting and Updates to Before Dawn Solutions
- Linked Registration to Before Dawn Solutions
- Re-Branded to Before Dawn Solutions
The update is available through application update, or by clicking here.
skEdit 4.1.3 - Coming Soon
This is our first true post, and for those of you that don't know, we transferred skEdit over from Sean Kelly to Before Dawn Solutions. It has been a much larger move than we first anticipated, there is building up the infrastructure, working out arrangements with the payment gateways, migrating the back end workings of skEdit (like error reporting, and updates).